Saturday, November 24, 2012

CyberFreak Gets Cyber-Pwned

Tuesday my happy ass got pwned by a virus. Well, my computer's happy ass did. But I'm happy to say it's gone... finally. 4 days of working on it and it's finally gone.

It was a DOS trojan, one that attacks network connections and steals usernames and passwords. Yay.... fortunately the bank account logins aren't on my computer.

What I learned....

Never trust Microsoft. They have no clue. They said I had to wipe the harddrive. I thought it sounded weird but did it anyway.

Backing up frequently IS really a good thing. I had recently backed up all my stuff (well, recently a month before the keyboard met a coffee induced death and I stopped using it. So July). Of course I knew all along backing up was good, I just usually end up with thinking.... "I should back up my computer..." and something happening like Windows getting fried in an update.

Always trust geeks. They have the good virus removal tools.

Oh well. I needed to get stuff removed from the computer anyway.

Just as a reminder.... we are offering 10% off all orders on Monday, November 26, it's Cyber Monday after all.

CyberFreak Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment