Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Snark, Hostility, and The Mean Girls Club.

I can only sum up what my fellow goths have been feeling, and I have all my life, on these subjects.
Sometimes it feels like we haven't left high school, despite it being 20 years in my past. The clich's still exsist, the Mean Girls Club is still there, and they don't like it when you point it out to them in your gothiest of attitudes.

! I ran into this situation today. I thought I was in the midst of grown ups, I was mistaken. It was just like the days back in school where the elitist snobs lobbed snarky insults around when I pointed out logic. God forbid that a Goth be right. I admit it got under my skin. If I were 16, not 39, it would be different, I just feel like being grown up means you act grown up too. I will let go of the anger, I am a big girl after all, I pointed out their hostility, to which they responded with hostility. Thus... they proved my point. So my dears, just point out the obvious, it pisses off the mean Girls Club every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment