Tuesday, November 6, 2012

File Under Music: (What it means to me)

The reason why I started the File Under Music posts today was because I think about how important is to the goth subculture sometimes.Today was one of those days.
I joined VampireFreaks back in July just to check out new bands. That's generally what I do there. I've found some new bands I like and met some new people.

But it's the music that seems to particularly draw together the people in the goth community. Tears us apart too. We hold a banner together as a whole by the love of the darker things in life, but it's the music that we identify with and is what socially gathers us.

In my opinion, it's the music that makes goths, of all flavors, different from everyone else. We identify with our music a little more than other groups.

Oh, and spider webs. Find me a goth that doesn't have a spider web in their clothing/accessories/decor somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment