Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Devil's in the Details....

I dislike Pinterest by the way. But hey, it's a tool and I do like posting inspiration which is what today's post will be, inspiration.

Today I've been thinking about things like Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is wonderful, in my opinion, for my less gothy moments because it still has the parts of cyber goth I like but I can get away with the grunge side of me that resurfaces from the 90's every so often.

So I'm thinking about colors. Greys, blacks, and whites. But of course the Libra in me can not just grunge it out, so patterns (a decidedly un-cyberpunk element and more of a cyber goth element) are coming to play.

One of the most recognizable elements of goth clothing.... goth society in general is... the stripe and the checker board design. Cyber goth goes an odd direction with it, the more tradition stripes and checks are more goth, but cyber goth takes a very bright neon take on it while goth stick to more traditional (again) with black and white.

Make anything neon green and it's cyber goth (or even cyberpunk).

Now that I've gotten through the stream of consciousness thought process (that, my dears, is how my mind works on a constant basis). I do believe I need more coffee at this point.

Anyhow, something I pinned on Pinterest got me thinking about contrast...



the image is from FanPop, however, it was taken from Aesthetic Perfection's website


What makes the picture so memorable and makes it 'pop' is the contrasting colors. Black, white, and red. Those three colors work well together.

I really want to do something cyberpunk in the high contrast colors. I want to do a statement line.

Transmutor, the green and black dread falls I had done I tried to do the same thing with. I did the falls, the tutu, a scarf and the biohazard umbrella. It went well together and I liked the collection feel.
I just need to put it together in mind. How am I going to get the falls look right? Tutu? Umbrella? I think I will cyber punk it out with jewlery I'm thinking of putting together.
I tend to name the falls after songs, I think this collection will be called Inhuman. I'm going to try to take the rivithead/military lines combine it with the dystopia feel of cyberpunk, and give it the cohesiveness of cyber goth... this... should be fun (and hard!)

*cue evil plotting look*


No comments:

Post a Comment